Before you buy an L...

Notifications
Clear all

Before you buy an LCS SK-19, read this  

RSS

cmatera
(@cmatera)
January 16, 2020 14:45:17  

Let me tell you the story of my LCS SK-19. It arrived last Friday 1-10-20 at about 6 PM. It was already dark. On Saturday 1-11-20, I scoped the gun and went to sight it in. First magazine of 19 rounds I had 2 failure to fires, air yes pellet no. Second magazine of 19 rounds, three rounds air yes, pellet no. 3rd mag only shot 5, two more air but no pellet. I did not clean this gun or touch it in any way-just pellets (JSB 33.95gr) and air. That's why I never touch a new gun, then vendors say you caused the problem.

Monday1-13, I call the vendor (who has been excellent). They tell me the barrel may be screwed in too far and not allowing the fixed non-removeable magazine to rotate, and to try unscrewing the barrel. Fired 2 mags of 19, thought problem was solved (even called vendor and waited 20 minutes on hold to tell them). Wednesday 1-15-20. Two skunks in my yard (the reason I bought the gun). Shot the first, went to shoot the second no pellet. I lifted the mag levers on both sides of the gun, rotated the mag clockwise one position by hand, re-closed the levers and shot and killed the second, as it was still there. When I checked the mag, there were two pellets missing, even though I fired 3 times.

I called the vendor today 1-16-20 and am sending the gun back. In getting it ready to ship I wanted to unload the magazine. Since it's fixed and non-removable how can I? Simple shoot it. Prior to this time I had been shooting the gun off a gun rest, and with the long ATN 4K Pro scope I was behind the gun. While emptying the pellets by shooting into the ground (scope was taken off), I felt air puffing on my right cheek. I called the vendor to add this info to the RMA. They said the barrel was probably unscrewed too far, causing the air to blow out the side.

Here's what I would like my fellow air gunners to know. First, the only way to clean this gun due to the fixed magazine is to remove the barrel. Second, the barrel is tensioned in the front by the moderator baffle nut. Third, once you remove the barrel to clean it, It will be very difficult if not impossible, to get the barrel in the proper position. Too far back, magazine will not work. Too far forward, air comes out the side. There are NO specs on the baffle nut to know how to properly tension the barrel. I told the vendor I put a piece of painters tape at 12 o'clock on the barrel before I loosened it. He said "if you make a pen mark on the tape at 12 o'clock, turning the barrel more than the width of the pen mark, it could be too much". You will have these issues EVERY TIME you remove the barrel for cleaning. Not a very good design, not very good QC. There should have been a slot in the side to insert a feelers gauge to get the spacing correct and there should have been a spec on the barrel tension, and a way (hint-a hex for a torque wrench) to apply it.

I should have bought an Impact MKII.

Rohmpm thanked
Topic Tags
pluric
(@pluric)
January 17, 2020 01:57:18  

My first generation Huben would jam. Sent it back and later bought a second gen model. Same issue. Sent it back to Joe Brancato with airtanksforsale and he did some factory suggested modification that cured it. Looks to be a similar magazine system. 

I cleaned mine with the barrel on the gun. I went too deep with the cleaning rod and it fired the gun. That was a surprise I didn't need. 😳  It shot the cleaning rod into the neighbors yard. Never did find it. I don't understand how the hammer less system really works. .I tried a model of your gun at a demo event. I thought the trigger was not par with the price range of gun. How is your trigger?

I do agree, I would have gone with the Impact first. Semi and full auto are fun, but a bit of a novelty gun  to me.    

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
January 17, 2020 16:51:40  

What is it??

ReplyQuote
cmatera
(@cmatera)

ReplyQuote
vsharp4
(@vsharp4)
May 4, 2020 23:58:45  

The same thing happen to me ,mine went through two layer of sheet rock. That made me take gun safety into overkill when cleaning the barrel or unjamming a stuck pellet.

ReplyQuote
ph0rd
(@ph0rd)
May 11, 2020 22:27:00  

I have an FX Impact MK2 with 30 cal and 22 smooth twist X pellet liners, as well as 700mm slug liner.

After buying a 25cal SK-19, I rarely touch the Impact.

Early on, I had some jams - which were always the result of not pushing the pellets all the way in. Ever since I began sliding them fully in with a hex wrench, I haven't had a single jam in a thousand rounds. 

Taking off the barrel is not difficult if you're experienced with PCP rifle maintenance and o-ring replacements, swapping barrels/liners, etc. And getting the barrel back on at the correct tightness isn't a problem for me.. I just tighten it down until it stops, then back it out about 1/8 turn.. just enough for the magazine to rotate without friction. 

I used to love my faithful FX impact - nothing compared in accuracy... But the SK-19 in my experience is just as accurate with the right ammo and tune. I still love the Impact.. Just not as much as the SK-19. 👍 😎 

Best ammo so far is, surprisingly, not the recommended JSB MKII pellets.. But *slugs* - specifically NSA 55gr hollow-point *boat-tail* slugs (not flat-bottom). 

I would highly recommend the 25 cal SK-19 to any FX impact owner who wants to kick it up a notch. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as your first or second PCP because there are a lot of things that can seem to go "wrong" with your first few guns which over time you begin to understand not as going "wrong," but going "as expected" under the current circumstances, which you, as a seasoned PCP shooter, can easily address.

(please read this not as a reply to the thread starter, but as an independent post, placed where others can easily find it.)

20200511 191334
20200511 192119

ReplyQuote
cmatera
(@cmatera)
May 12, 2020 21:41:20  

No harm in adding to my post.  My gun worked out in the end.  My dealer (Airguns of Arizona) tried to fix the gun.  When I got it back, it still leaked air, which I think was a big part of the problem.  They sent me a brand new gun.  It holds air perfectly , shoots like a laser, and is a ton of fun to shoot.  When I shoot my other guns and pull the trigger then pull it again and think, “oh yeah, I need to cock the gun”.  

I will say that since then I have bought an Impact Compact Power Plenum, (which I also like) and await my Leshiy 2 in 250mm and 350mm .25 barrels.

ReplyQuote
HEATH
(@heath)
July 21, 2020 08:47:27  

@ph0rd I have the SK-19 in .22 and your absolutely spot on with how easy it is to remove and put back in place the barrel. I have only cleaned my barrel once in 7000 rounds. The .22 version isn’t a polygonal barrel like the .25 caliber version but it is a very accurate and not very pellet fussy 12 grove LW barrel. I removed the shroud and at the base where the barrel meets the clamping block, I put a tiny mark on the barrel and the block with a utility knife blade. It is barely noticeable with the shroud off and completely covered with the shroud on. It allows me to put the barrel back in place perfectly every time I want or need to remove it. The only problem that I have ever had with this gun was at about 4-5000 rounds, the actuator froze up probably due to lack of lubrication/grease. I sent it back to AOA and haven’t had any issues as of yet with it. I do wish there was an exploded parts view/diagram available for this gun. Most other guns have one available and I would love to have one for this one also. Other than lack of internal information...the gun is freaking awesome. Critters can try to run but with the fast follow up action of these semiautomatic wonders...they will on die tired.

ReplyQuote