Notifications
Clear all

Barakuda value

Bilmikel
(@bilmikel)
Topic starter  

Hello all. Picked up an air rifle made in West Germany and trying to figure out a value before putting it up for sale. It has the Ether port which I think makes it pretty unusual. 

emveepee
(@emveepee)

Condition, original, and demand are all factors with demand superceding all. My gut feeling is $300-400 in good condition...I don't think there is a big demand for these. Someone with more knowledge of this model can give you a better idea.

Bilmikel thanked
ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)

I've always wanted one.

Just because.

ReplyQuote
DualMagMike
(@dualmagmike)

Just make sure it's actually marked BARAKUDA, some were made with leftover parts and are not to be considered a true EL 54. Like most rifles condition and function play a large part in value as does accessories. Mine has original glass ether viles and lead round ball ammo. Blue Book says; 80%= $650- 95%=$925... Very desirable and hard to find. No I have not and will not diesel mine. 

150 HW54 EL, ether & lead ball

ReplyQuote
emveepee
(@emveepee)

Two routes are possible. Put on the forum for sale with a fixed price you are comfortable with. If you don't get much action you can always lower your price. Number 2 is Fleabay. Much, much bigger market. Prices tend to be higher and sometimes a home run! Use the auction format and start at a lower price. The market will determine the value. The commission for Fleabay will run you about 10% 

ReplyQuote