Any advice for this...

Notifications
Clear all

Any advice for this cylinder rifle mod theory? COULD THIS IMPROVE FPS?

(@rambo03)
Topic starter  

The Umarex Fusion gets around 700 fps.  It has a piece that comes with it to put the 2 co2 cartridges into it that attaches to the rifle.  COULD you put a cylinder on it?  For example like the hatsan fill cylinder? Or if not that specific cylinder something like it?  Then assuming that is possible would that not make the fps increase?  Like maybe up the Umarex to 900 fps like most pcp's that use these type of cylinders get.

LINKS to show what I am talking about

https://www.airgundepot.com/umarex-fusion-2-co2-air-rifle.html

https://www.airgundepot.com/atp1-replacement-fill-cylinder-pistol.html

Discuss 

Topic Tags
(@rambo03)
Topic starter  

Now you would be able to use the piece that comes with it and use co2 cartridges though getting lower fps or pump the cylinder I am refferering to possibly buying and getting more fps.  More options!

What do you guys think?

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)

I'm not sure I understand the question.

If you want more FPS from CO2, let the gun lay in the sun, till the surface temp reaches 105-110 degrees.

Rambo03 thanked
ReplyQuote
Doug Wall
(@doug-wall)

Well, CO2 runs at about 850-1000 psi. The Hatsan (and most PCP) cylinder runs at 3000 psi. It would be a good way to blow up your gun. With an adapter like this:

https://www.amazon.com/None-branded-Paintball-Capsule-Converter/dp/B08DY3J891

You may be able to use a 13ci paintball HPA tank (regulated to 850-1000 psi!!!). That might give you about 800 fps.

Rambo03 thanked
ReplyQuote
(@ribbonstone)

Two rifles….there is the Fusion (the original single shot 12gr version) and there is the Fusion II. (repeater that can take AirSource type co2 tanks). Pretty much totally different.

Have not converted a Fusion II to HPA, but with the above adpator, it should work. Fore end won’t accept the fatter (2”) HPA tanks and the gauge/fill nipples sticking out at right angles would need the stock to be adapted.

Fusion (the first/single shot version) would be a whole different level of complexity.

Rambo03 thanked
ReplyQuote
Bigbore
(@bigbore)

Posted by: @rambo03

The Umarex Fusion gets around 700 fps.  It has a piece that comes with it to put the 2 co2 cartridges into it that attaches to the rifle.  COULD you put a cylinder on it? 

Discuss 

CO2 to HPA conversions are common, especially for Umarex. The typical route is regulated tanks of which there used to be two common vendors here that catered to just this crowd. The 850, one of which I owned and converted to HPA, was a tack driver but these conversions can be involved and most were contracted out to tuners.

My advice would be to sell it and buy the gun you really want.

IMG 3347

Garmic and Rambo03 thanked
ReplyQuote
(@rambo03)
Topic starter  

cool

ReplyQuote
(@rambo03)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bigbore

The Umarex Fusion gets around 700 fps.  It has a piece that comes with it to put the 2 co2 cartridges into it that attaches to the rifle.  COULD you put a cylinder on it? 

Discuss 

CO2 to HPA conversions are common, especially for Umarex. The typical route is regulated tanks of which there used to be two common vendors here that catered to just this crowd. The 850, one of which I owned and converted to HPA, was a tack driver but these conversions can be involved and most were contracted out to tuners.

My advice would be to sell it and buy the gun you really want.

IMG 3347

I didn't guess if might be that involved.  If that is the case yea a different air rifle might be better

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)

I didn't guess if might be that involved.  If that is the case yea a different air rifle might be better

Yes.

ReplyQuote
(@rambo03)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @doug-wall

Well, CO2 runs at about 850-1000 psi. The Hatsan (and most PCP) cylinder runs at 3000 psi. It would be a good way to blow up your gun. With an adapter like this:

You may be able to use a 13ci paintball HPA tank (regulated to 850-1000 psi!!!). That might give you about 800 fps.

The part that is under pressure is the tank that you attach after filling it.  How would that blow the gun up?  

ReplyQuote
Bigbore
(@bigbore)

The part that is under pressure is the tank that you attach after filling it.  How would that blow the gun up?  

I'm not familiar with the reservoir you are referring to, but any tank or reservoir you attach to your CO2 gun should not release more than 1200 PSI into the gun. HPA tanks and reservoirs used in our sport are typically filled to about 3000 PSI which if released into a gun designed to handle CO2 is dangerously above working pressure levels for that design. A "regulated" tank like the one I pictured is filled to 3000 PSI but a regulator on that tank only releases 850 PSI into the gun. Once you attach an unregulated reservoir, the high pressure IS in the gun.

Rambo03 thanked
ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)

This is all kinds of dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
Doug Wall
(@doug-wall)

Posted by: @doug-wall

As I said before, the Hatsan cylinder runs at 3000 psi. It's unregulated and delivers 3000 psi to the gun. That's about double the maximum pressure that a CO2 gun would ever see. A very good way to blow it up! As David said- Very dangerous if you don't understand what you are doing.

Rambo03 thanked
ReplyQuote