Notifications
Clear all

Air Venturi Avenger  

RSS

caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)
July 12, 2020 08:27:07  

I ordered the Air Venturi Avenger .25 on June 19 from PA. Original reply from PA was "in stock" in early July, then target moved to July 20. NOW, the in stock timing is September 15 !!! WHAT? Requested feed back from PA this morning. Anyone know what is going on with Air Venturi, re: Avenger availability?

Dave Cole
(@airgunsoftulsa)
July 12, 2020 14:54:43  

I as well, ordered a .25 and a .177 in mid June. Saw the same ETA. I knew they would not arrive the second week in July. I’m going to play the devil’s advocate and say it will be late fall, maybe late October before we pull the trigger on one.
Few, if any, airgun products as exciting as this one will arrive on their first ETA and sometimes the second. If you do sincerely want one, don’t cancel your order. Yours will be given to the next person in line and their are a lot of them, and you will go to the back.

I recall years and years ago a similar situation with an airgun (don’t recall which one) causing a bunch of people canceling their preorders (no, not the Hammer. Long before it.) and later pleading with dealers to reinstate their original spot. Didn’t happen....
Any reason other than those given by PA/AV will be purely speculation and will unfortunately not improve the delivery. Would love to hear what they tell you. Keep us posted.

ReplyQuote
caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)
July 12, 2020 16:09:03  

@airgunsoftulsa  Hi Dave: Thanks for the response. Agree, it will not be any time soon for deliveries. At least we were in the early wave of orders. I have been in this hobby for a fairly long time, and have never seen the kind of reviews that the Avenger has gotten from credible sources re: a very affordable gun. This could bode well for the entire community of air gunners if the results of this gun triggers (pun intended) a movement toward better performance at affordable cost. Not polyanna, but success breeds success. Just curious, did you buy the 77 for target, and the 25 for pesting/hunting? Best Regards.

ReplyQuote
caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)
July 12, 2020 16:37:09  

@airgunsoftulsa Dave. See note on PA web site. PreOrders for Avenger placed before early July will be shipped by July 20. Great news!

Dave Cole thanked
ReplyQuote
Dave Cole
(@airgunsoftulsa)
July 12, 2020 16:37:27  

The .25 will be a backup gun (if it shoots reallly reallly well, maybe my primary?) for when a couple of us go on an annual prairie dog hunt in May/ June. So no real hurry with this one.

The .177 I intend to use as an affordable “loaner” gun for getting guys/gals started in HFT. Although I’ve yet to see a .177 review I’m hoping it shoots like its’ bigger brothers. A new guy/gal who’s smacking kill zones quickly become an “addict”.😉

ReplyQuote
Dave Cole
(@airgunsoftulsa)
July 12, 2020 16:40:37  

@caninesinaction

thanks for the heads up!

Sounds like we are in luck! If I get the .177 in time I may take it to the Arlington Texas (if still planned) FT match.

fingers crossed!

ReplyQuote
Bowhunter73
(@bowhunter73)
July 13, 2020 09:08:56  

Dave 

i believe the rifle you were thinking of was the Badger 40cal from Airgun Depot, I pre-ordered as did a lot of others and a bunch canceled because of the wait and then the price went after that.

ReplyQuote
Arkmaker
(@arkmaker)
July 13, 2020 17:59:11  

PA's done this over and over. I was all set to order the Beeman Competition PCP when it was back in stock on the 7th of July. Now it's set for September?

Make that Jan. 2021 😱

I ordered the T200 from Champions Choice...

Frustrating!

ReplyQuote
RockDoc65
(@rockdoc65)
July 13, 2020 18:27:42  

A friend of mine had recent issues with Pyramid Air. He ordered one rifle. They sent something else. He returned it. Then they said; sorry we're out of the one you ordered. Refunded his money no problem but product inventory should be second nature to online vendors by now.

Back on topic. As far as the Avenger is concerned, you might find these videos interesting:

Ted gives it a preliminary "thumbs-up."

A second friend of mine and I are old Crosman, Sheridan and Benjamin fans that recently got sick and tired of pumping. I sold or traded everything and bought a P1(HW45) and an R9(HW95), both in .22, and never looked back. It sounds like my friend may be turning to the dark side. We'll still stay friends. We've known each other since the second grade after all. I told him to watch those videos. Seems like a great gun to "dip the toe in" so to speak.

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
July 14, 2020 08:06:55  

@airgunsoftulsa

The Pyramyd Air Blog said the .177 would be shooting at 22 FPE which is a little hot for Field Target.

You may need to play around with it a little to get it down below 20 foot pounds.

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
DavidEnoch
(@davidenoch)
July 14, 2020 08:11:05  

Does the high fill pressure bother you guys on the the Avenger?  300 BAR, or 4351 PSI means that you will not get but a very few fills off a carbon fiber tank and that it it is really meant to be filled by a small compressor.

I was immediately turned off by the high fill pressure.  It will be interesting to see what it can do with a 3000 psi fill.

David Enoch

ReplyQuote
caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)
July 14, 2020 08:24:02  

@davidenoch Dave: Good question. Yes, I am concerned somewhat, but based on the adjustability features, power, and accuracy demonstrated on AEAC , Tyler Patner video's I am willing to deal with fill pressure. I intend on "working" with the gun to fully explore what it can and cannot do. I also think that Air Venturi is creating a major direction to the rest of the manufacturers. Should be an interesting time.

ReplyQuote
Dave Cole
(@airgunsoftulsa)
July 14, 2020 21:56:39  

Hey David! Good to hear from you! Sorry the Texas Show was cancelled. Was looking forward to visiting with you and the boyz.

Yes, the Avenger out of the box, is possibly shooting a bit hot and I plan on getting it down to 20 if it is. With the hammer spring and regulator being adjustable, I see no problem there.

As for 4500 fill pressure, of course, the gun doesn’t have to be filled to that pressure to operate properly. Being able to fill above 3000 is a bonus for those who can. My SCBA tank is never at 300 bar even after a fill so my testing will be starting somewhere less than 100% full.

My guess is, AV set out to offer a PCP gun with the cap of $299 that had all the possible features found in other guns shooters desired but couldn’t afford and being able to go to 4500 was a low cost option.

I suspect the .177 tuned to shoot HFT, will easily shoot a 60 shot match without refilling at 3000. Hardairmagazine tuned their .22 down to 20fpe, filled to 3000 psi and got a very respectable 90 shots. I would hope the .177 properly tuned for FT would produce in excess of 120 shots on the 300 bar fill.

Hopefully, I will soon be able to report back with some findings as to what can be expected from the gun.

ReplyQuote
Pointyhead
(@pointyhead)
July 22, 2020 07:38:55  

Has anyone seen or heard anything on the first wave? The 20th silently came and went..

I don't really mind waiting, but it would be nice to know what's going on with them.

ReplyQuote
Pointyhead
(@pointyhead)
July 22, 2020 08:36:21  

Well, then there's that! 30 minutes after I posted, an email popped up with my shipping notification. Neat!

ReplyQuote
Dave Cole
(@airgunsoftulsa)
July 22, 2020 08:49:19  

@pointyhead What caliber did you order?

ReplyQuote
caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)
July 22, 2020 08:55:40  

@pointyhead  My .25 avenger is on the truck for delivery today. I ordered on 6/19. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Pointyhead
(@pointyhead)
July 22, 2020 09:01:15  

@airgunsoftulsa

I also went with the .25

ReplyQuote
Pointyhead
(@pointyhead)
July 22, 2020 09:02:51  

@caninesinaction

Awesome! Can't wait to see what these things can do

ReplyQuote
Dave Cole
(@airgunsoftulsa)
July 22, 2020 10:23:41  

So hopefully 🙏 mine will ship by next week. Date of order for mine was 6/28. My snafu may be in the fact I ordered a .177 as well. Have seen zero info on this caliber. 

ReplyQuote
Isledweller
(@isledweller)
July 22, 2020 12:18:20  

A buddy got notification yesterday (7/21) that his 0.177 shipped. Order date was 6/17.

Pretty sure my 0.22 ordered 7/9 is gonna be a while before it ships......just a few days too late.......... 😥 

ReplyQuote
be4meliz
(@be4meliz)
July 25, 2020 08:12:38  
Posted by: @caninesinaction

I ordered the Air Venturi Avenger .25 on June 19 from PA. Original reply from PA was "in stock" in early July, then target moved to July 20. NOW, the in stock timing is September 15 !!! WHAT? Requested feed back from PA this morning. Anyone know what is going on with Air Venturi, re: Avenger availability?

Assume you have received yours by now, as PA. stated that orders prior to July 8th would be covered with 1st shipment. Ordered my .25 on July 1st & receiving today, as have quite a few people on other forums.

ReplyQuote
caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)
July 25, 2020 08:20:06  

@be4meliz   Yes, I received the Avenger on the 20th. Immediately used my Patch Worm kit and cleaned the barrel. Waiting for a compressor on order to fill gun. Lightly oiled moving parts with RemOil. All looks good. Put 4-16-50 scope on, soooo I'm ready for the compressor to get here STAT donchano! 😀 

ReplyQuote
be4meliz
(@be4meliz)
July 25, 2020 09:28:50  

@caninesinaction- Glad to hear it- Check this guide out(it's for .22 but should apply) airgunnation.com/topic/aeac-video-air-venturi-avenger-22-full-tuning-guide/     Will post targets @ 65 yds + chrony for several pellets, if I get soon enough today(Fedex) Gonna try his 1800 reg set with Hs @ 2.75 turns from fully out & go from there.

ReplyQuote
caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)
July 25, 2020 13:00:21  

@be4meliz Yo: I watched the AEAC video several times last week. 3 different tunes. Very well done. Like you, I'll try the pro tune and go from there. Bought some FX slugs, and will also try the power tune later. Good Stuff, thanks.

ReplyQuote
caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)
July 26, 2020 15:09:29  

Put the Avenger .25 through a site-in with JSB 25.39 pels. My site in distance is 65 yds. Took four shots to adjust the 4-16-50 to my aim point. Once satisfied, I put an 8 shot magazine into a 3/4 inch circle. I had the gun filled to 3300 psi, reg. at 2600. Had the occasion last night to nail a VERY LARGE rat that snuk in from the adjacent vacant lot, attempting to set up house in my garage. One head shot followed by a second through the abdomen gave him a dirt nap. So far, the gun-the magazines-the side lever-the trigger are flawless. I'm still awaiting the compressor delivery, so I used the "eBay" hand pump. Took about 200 pumps from basically empty as received from PA to get to 3300. For what it's worth, (and I have had expensive guns-both break barrel & pcp-and other inexpensive guns), but this is the best yet for consistency, accuracy, and power. Marvelous trigger, and butter smooth side lever. This is a keeper!

I have heard a couple of comments already that the gun feels cheap-OH CONTRERE"-this is as good as it gets for $299. If you insist on a walnut stock to make you "feel better", and think that the gun will perform better? go for it. I am not trying to be a smart a--, I just appreciate what AirVenturi has produced at a reasonable cost to provide a VERY high performing air gun. KUDOS!!!

awilde thanked
ReplyQuote
be4meliz
(@be4meliz)
July 27, 2020 06:47:27  
Posted by: @caninesinaction

Put the Avenger .25 through a site-in with JSB 25.39 pels. My site in distance is 65 yds. Took four shots to adjust the 4-16-50 to my aim point. Once satisfied, I put an 8 shot magazine into a 3/4 inch circle. I had the gun filled to 3300 psi, reg. at 2600. Had the occasion last night to nail a VERY LARGE rat that snuk in from the adjacent vacant lot, attempting to set up house in my garage. One head shot followed by a second through the abdomen gave him a dirt nap. So far, the gun-the magazines-the side lever-the trigger are flawless. I'm still awaiting the compressor delivery, so I used the "eBay" hand pump. Took about 200 pumps from basically empty as received from PA to get to 3300. For what it's worth, (and I have had expensive guns-both break barrel & pcp-and other inexpensive guns), but this is the best yet for consistency, accuracy, and power. Marvelous trigger, and butter smooth side lever. This is a keeper!

I have heard a couple of comments already that the gun feels cheap-OH CONTRERE"-this is as good as it gets for $299. If you insist on a walnut stock to make you "feel better", and think that the gun will perform better? go for it. I am not trying to be a smart a--, I just appreciate what AirVenturi has produced at a reasonable cost to provide a VERY high performing air gun. KUDOS!!!

Gotta laugh- Sighted my .25 @ 65 yds also- Ran ~ 200 shots thru it yesterday on 2000 psi reg set &2 turns in on HS & was getting~ 55 shots on full fill @ 890fps & 1/2" groups @ 65 yds. Only issue I have is that my mags are tight to the point of binding(its about clearance & not the rotating front) -fixed by sanding back of mag on flat surface with #150 grit & now function properly( didn't take much)Cleaned barrel completely afterward & will get some strings out today + try some of my Nielson & griffin slugs.

awilde thanked
ReplyQuote
caninesinaction
(@caninesinaction)
July 28, 2020 17:44:36  

@be4meliz  My final post on the Avenger. As received from PA, the Avenger was set at 2700 on reg., 5.5 turns in on HS. Have put about 100 of the JSB 25.39 pels through, all from the 8 shot cartridge. Used single shot tray for the FX Hybrid slugs, shot about 20. At 68 yds, the accuracy is phenomenal. Nothing outside of 3/4", but most within a dime sized group. Any "wandering" is me shooting off of home made rice bags. Have not touched the trigger yet, and very happy with it the way it came from PA (about 2 lbs). Hand pumping beyond 3200 psi is just beyond this 80 year old codger, but I still get 30 shots until it falls off the reg. Come on compressor!

awilde thanked
ReplyQuote