Notifications
Clear all

2240XL Arrives!  

RSS

Arkmaker
(@arkmaker)
July 18, 2020 12:19:53  

I never expected Fedex on a Saturday. Can't remember them ever making deliveries on the weekend before. 

I mounted up the Hawke 1x20 red dot and set out the target at 8 yards. I started at 10 meters but was not hitting the target. After two quick windage adjustments. I set to shooting (4) 5-shot groups. Pretty good all in all for such a rush job. I have not even cleaned the barrel.
2240lx 1
I'll give it a good looking over and update. But from first glance and being packed in an actual box and Not those stupid clamshells, well it's already off to a good start.

2240xl 2
2240xl 3
2240xl 4

Topic Tags
Bob in WV
(@bob-in-wv)
July 18, 2020 17:46:55  

Nice looking gun and nice shooting!

Bob in WV

ReplyQuote
stevevines
(@stevevines)
July 19, 2020 08:05:03  

Looks like you have her dialed in - nice shooting!

That appears to be the same mb/adapter as the one on the UK 12 fpe Maximus.

They should have tapped it for the Discovery front site, but I guess we can make do.

The Custom Shop style box is a nice touch as well.

ENJOY!

ReplyQuote
Arkmaker
(@arkmaker)
July 19, 2020 12:43:35  

Yep, I'm a sucker for a good box. No foam, but still better than those clamshells .

ReplyQuote
desertplinkerforlife
(@desertplinkerforlife)
July 25, 2020 18:57:22  

I got one also. Box is nice. Added an adjustable trigger spring and lighter Hammer spring for more shots, 10 inch barrel when I get around to it.

P1050092 (2)

ReplyQuote
Arkmaker
(@arkmaker)
July 25, 2020 20:14:16  

I swore I wouldn't buy anymore 2240's and then I saw the XL. So what do I do? Buy one 😃 I've been hooked on the 22xx platform for over 10 years now. 

Yep, I just dropped a Super Sear in it yesterday. It's a great simple 2-stage trigger that's just drop in quick. I've used them with the light spring and adjuster too. It works really well with that set up. Just have to watch that you don't set it to light or it won't stay cocked.

I'm going to try to tap my LDC tomorrow so I can screw it on. I'll either get it right or not?? Here's hoping for the best 👍

ReplyQuote
Arkmaker
(@arkmaker)
July 30, 2020 05:53:17  

Hosed my adapter. I'm going to buy a Donny Tanto when I can. 

The AOA super sear is installed. Unlike my gorrilla attempt on the ldc, the sear install went about as smooth as could be. No popping safety spring this time and.... absolutely no adjustments are needed. Lock up, break and pull weight a close to my 1701p set up on my 2400KT. Sometimes, I get lucky 🍀

And my black anodized shoe came!

ReplyQuote