Notifications

Pest control at the In-Laws  

RSS

jbex72
( @jbex72 )
2019-12-15 15:16:42  

Good afternoon everyone,

Headed to the In-laws this holiday season, while I’m there the mother in law has asked that I take care of some squirrels that have been terrorizing there property, and getting into the attic as well. I know the QB 79 is well equipped for the job, but there’s the issue of weather, as it looks like the forecast has us in the 60’s. Being that I have not converted to HPA, I’m thinking of a couple of options. I can bring the boheimeth (Diana 56th), but there’s the issue of space in the trunk, and I don’t think the wife is going to go for the gun case consuming more space than the luggage. I could bring the Diana LP8 tactical, using a leapers bug buster scope, but I’m worried it may be under powered for the task. Don’t get me wrong it’s good to roughly 25 yards, which is the distance I’ll be shooting, and I plan to use JSB Exact heavies 10.3’s because I want the extra ft lbs. I know I’m getting just over 5 ft lbs, at an average 479 FPS, but again I’m unsure if this will be enough for a humane kill. My only other solution would be the QB, but I would have to keep the rifle in the house to keep it warm and ready, as C02 I temp dependent. I know on average I’m getting high 600’s FPS with 14.66 H&N, which generate about 15.3 ft lbs. Last option, the trusty wrist rocket, with steel shot. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Adijorio
( @adijorio )
2019-12-15 19:27:24  

My 2 cents, is to loose the hard case and find a soft case or a sock for your Diana 56th, that should help with space.  Additionally if your wife complains about space, just remind here you're bringing that for her mother.
Good luck.

ReplyQuote
jbex72
( @jbex72 )
2019-12-15 19:53:17  

I didn’t think about a soft case. That would save some space. Thanks. 

ReplyQuote