( @robo9 )
2019-12-31 23:16:39  

HEY I'm new to the forum and so please be aware that I am learning this forum

IMG 20191207 WA0002

Robo9
( @robo9 )
2019-12-31 23:20:05  

Ah well that seems to work! 

3 good brown hares taken with the newly fitted Maccari kit, only (surprised) around 14 ftlbs but so smooth and accurate with the jsb 10.3's! won't be re tuning this one any time soon! 

60yds, 40yds, 40yds, all head shot lights out 

ReplyQuote
Robo9
( @robo9 )
2019-12-31 23:21:04  

ps 

I live in New Zealand 

ReplyQuote
Hector J Medina G
( @hector-j-medina-g )
Member of Trade
2020-01-01 13:52:04  

Kia Ora!

Welcome to the forum.

Clearly you were already a good airgun hunter before the kit.

Not surprised by the choice of pellets, but I assume you are using a laser rangefinder, or that your eye-meter works exceptionally well. It's an ability that you need to use often, or you loose it quickly.

Whereabouts in Aotearoa? Spent 4 weeks there back in 2014 and absolutely loved the whole country,

In any event, good choice of kit, and good shooting!

HM

ReplyQuote
Robo9
( @robo9 )
2020-01-01 15:11:03  

Hey Hector! and thanks for the reply, 

I live in Nelson, top of the south island, 

I've never owned a range finder but can reliably measure every kill by pacing, after several in-between years of target field and target archery, this has helped me a lot in rangefinding.

The Maccari kitted 80 is only putting out 14 ftlbs!(all my guns are 177)around 787fps with JSB's but it's not hold sensitive at all and very easy to shoot, at first I would have preferred it around the 16 ftlbs mark but shot these in a group with consecutive fast follow up shots and was blown away, so decided to not retune this gun for more power, figured 14 ftlbs will do nicely !

ps 

I'm thinking about the ZRT Maccari kit for my 56TH but at present it's very accurate and consistent running on a custom 135 vortek spring on a modified HW80 metal rear guide and after reading an older post of yours somewhere I've retuned it down from 900fps to 875 and on my short home range it is very accurate, and as it soaks up the recoil easily of the powerful vortek spring I don't want to reduce its power to 14 ftlbs! when it's great at 18/19....

at 912 fps with jsbs it was starting to show evidence of spiralling. 

I'm also enquiring to England for some custom guides for the Titan no 4, as again following your writings somewhere on line advising this, 

Maybe someone your way can help me out with this? reason for above is currently I don't have any spares for the 56, and after two premature snapped springs for the 80 recently from vortek I'm looking for a longer term engine for this gun if /when the 135 spring fails

Best regards 

PG

ReplyQuote
Hector J Medina G
( @hector-j-medina-g )
Member of Trade
2020-01-01 20:49:40  

@robo9

Ah! Nelson. Wine country at its best, with no golf courses and lots of hunting grounds, NICE!

I am sincerely happy for you. Thanks for your kind words, it's always interesting to get good feedback, specially when it is real. Thanks for reading our blog.

Titan uses 0.144-0.148 spring wire. It is, so far, the best spring I have found. We might be coming out with a proprietary combination soon, as we are working on an optimized spring for the 430L, but in the meantime, Titan is an excellent choice.

Send me a PM and we can then take the conversation off into EMail, no need to clog the waves here.

Again, thanks!

HM

ReplyQuote