Notifications
Clear all

Baby Godzilla killer (Graphic)  

RSS

Charlie Frear
(@charlie-frear)
Member of Trade
October 17, 2019 21:57:44  

So my longtime buddy Rob H. in Miami has a pest eradication business. He has been trying to take out some of the overrun of the green Iguana's that is decimating the natural foliage along with damaging tunneling in flood control banks and under concrete slabs.

He is paid on the basis of returning the bodys for payment. With his .25 cal Gamo break barrel he was having to many get away for one reason or the other, he was also over cocking that monster break barrel.

So he asked me what I had in my stable of airguns that could anchor more lizwards where he shot them, I introduced him to the .30 cal Uragan. To make a long story short he can't put the gun down because he is having so much fun with it.

Below is a picture of a half day take with a few taken at 100 yards, he simply can't believe the accuracy, power, trigger and shot count the  latest greatest from Airgun Technology deliver's.

I will be visiting Miami for the boat show in Febuary, Rob and I are planning an Iguana death fest with our .30 cal Uragan's, I can't wait.

Thanks

Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns

706-884-6707

pluric thanked
willy
(@willy)
October 17, 2019 23:46:16  

Can you eat those things?

ReplyQuote
Charlie Frear
(@charlie-frear)
Member of Trade
October 18, 2019 00:00:34  

A lot of people do eat them. I understand Carribean islanders like to eat them.

Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns

706-884-6707

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
October 18, 2019 05:27:34  
Posted by: @willy1

Can you eat those things?

Only if cooked on a spit, and over an open fire 🙂

I do wonder if there is a season, kill on sight, what are FL rules for killing iguana?

There is one key crawling with the things, but these city lizards look better fed.

ReplyQuote
Pistoleer
(@pistoleer)
October 18, 2019 18:41:07  

I think y'all are missing Charlies' point- that Urugan is a heck of a nice rifle. I've many squirrels and a coyote under it's death glare so far, and California turkey season is but a heartbeat away.

Don't sleep on this rifle, it's a hunting machine, without the punishment that some of the other large caliber airguns do when you touch off that delightful trigger. 

BTW, iguana is quite tasty- it's Puerto Rico's "other white meat"...

ReplyQuote
Welker
(@welker)
December 26, 2019 10:26:32  

They are an introduced species and a pest so there is no season or regulations on them. The same for pigeons and starlings, pigs, nutria, in Fl there are a number of other tropical introduced species that they are trying to get rid of.

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)
December 26, 2019 11:22:06  
Posted by: @welker

They are an introduced species and a pest so there is no season or regulations on them. The same for pigeons and starlings, pigs, nutria, in Fl there are a number of other tropical introduced species that they are trying to get rid of.

There was a Florida news video where they were encouraging the public to kill them. They recommended air gun use as it was not considered a firearm. They had to do a follow up story about maybe just do it on your own property. 🤣  Seems the Iguana vigilantes were on the hunt. They have hunting tours in Puerto Rico available for air-gunners. 

ReplyQuote
Welker
(@welker)
December 26, 2019 11:35:27  

@pluric

Last spring someone shot a pool cleaner while shooting at Iguanas in south Florida.

ReplyQuote
pluric
(@pluric)
December 26, 2019 11:41:43  

@pluric

Last spring someone shot a pool cleaner while shooting at Iguanas in south Florida.

@welker

Yup, that would pretty much ruin it for everyone. We've had two recent events here in Utah where powder target shooters have hit passengers in cars. Both were kids and survived being shot. From what I heard one incident the police were interviewing an adult who denied shooting when his son piped in, "Yeah dad, you were shooting a bunch that day". Busted.

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
(@gratewhitehuntr)
January 12, 2020 14:13:57  

@pluric

A little Flex tape over the hole and GTG!

Anybody on here in South FL with some leezards what's needin' blasted?

Will shoot 4 meat...

ReplyQuote
efrey
(@efrey)
July 31, 2020 16:56:43  

I would love to do this! I was going to have my bachelor party in PR with my best friends on an airgun iguana hunt, but ended up getting hitched in Vegas spur of the moment instead and didn’t have the stag party. Maybe we’ll make it for another occasion. 

ReplyQuote