Notifications
Clear all

8/21 squirrel hunt

dbowling
(@dean)
Topic starter  

Was in the woods by 7 out by 8, RWS Model 48 .177 was weapon of choice, all shot out of Shagbark Hickory except for 2 and they both had just left a shagbark.

20200821 081228

rodinal, stevevines, TomR_here and 2 people thanked
pluric
(@pluric)

I like seeing a gun used for what it was made for, not stored in a box. Nice shooting!

ReplyQuote
dbowling
(@dean)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pluric

I like seeing a gun used for what it was made for, not stored in a box. Nice shooting!

I hunt or have hunted with all my air rifles no matter how nice they were, no sense having them if you don't use them.

ReplyQuote
stevevines
(@stevevines)

Posted by: @dean

Was in the woods by 7 out by 8, RWS Model 48 .177 was weapon of choice, all shot out of Shagbark Hickory except for 2 and they both had just left a shagbark.

20200821 081228

Great shooting and hunting Dean -

This is just what I needed to motivate me, a good ole' airgun hunting post!

I tweaked my latest airgun contraption in contemplation of hitting the woods - you had enough action to hopefully get you out of the woods before the heat set in - way to go!

Vines

ReplyQuote
dbowling
(@dean)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @stevevines
Posted by: @dean

20200821 081228

Great shooting and hunting Dean -

This is just what I needed to motivate me, a good ole' airgun hunting post!

I tweaked my latest airgun contraption in contemplation of hitting the woods - you had enough action to hopefully get you out of the woods before the heat set in - way to go!

Vines

Steve, hope you have good luck I went again yesterday with the Model 48 and killed 3 but had 3 others that I shot thru the head run off, guessing I hit them thru the jaw. That is where .22 caliber has a advantage it does enough damage to keep them in one spot usually if you hit them there.

Went this morning with the .22 Discovery and killed 4 in a hour and a half all greys and young except for one old male.. had 10 or more in one tree.

ReplyQuote
stevevines
(@stevevines)

Where you at? That is some rockin' action - I envy you, but in a good way lol - keep these squirrel hunting posts a comin'!!

PS - I ended up getting five as well, but it took two trips lol - not complaining though, it was a blast!

0823200953 HDR (1)
0823201756 HDR

ReplyQuote
dbowling
(@dean)
Topic starter  

Im in Rockville, Indiana- Parke county.

ReplyQuote