Notifications

[Sticky] Inaugural Villages, Florida Airgun Showcase March 28-29, 2020  

RSS

pardoctor0610
( @pardoctor0610gmail-com )
2019-10-31 16:18:23  

The inaugural Villages Airgun Showcase will be held at the Villages, Florida on March 28-29, 2020.  The show will be an outstanding opportunity to showcase your company's products and services to an avid group of airgun enthusiasts.  The Villages La Hacienda Center will provide vendors and attendees with state-of-the-art air conditioned exhibit space and a professional 10 meter range to demonstrate the latest air gun equipment and accessories.

The Villages is the World's premier adult community.  It is located in sunny central Florida mid-way between the Gulf & Atlantic coasts.  We are close to Florida's tourist attractions, pristine beaches and the Orlando International Airport.  The Villages is considered Florida's "friendliest hometown" and is home to more than 120,000 active residents.  This event is organized and conducted by The Villages Air Gun Club in partnership with Pilkington Competition Equipment.

The Villages Airgun Showcase promises to be the premier event for the airgun community in the southern United States.  If you attend only one show in 2020, this is the one to attend.

For more information and a vendor packet visit www.airgunclub.org/showcase.html or contact Vince Monteforte at pardoctor0610@gmail.com or (352) 446-1129.

Showcase Brochure: http://www.airgunclub.org/showcase.html

Villages Airgun Showcase 2020 

Gratewhitehuntr
( @gratewhitehuntr )
2019-10-31 18:56:09  

I swear, that is just about the only place on Earth I've actually become lost... or use GPS willingly.

So, you say there are avid airgunners in The Villages?

ReplyQuote
pardoctor0610
2019-10-31 23:28:43  

@gratewhitehuntr

Yes Sir!  The Villages Air Gun Club has over 200 active members that compete weekly on three 10 meter ranges.  Come on down!  Pardoctor

ReplyQuote
pardoctor0610
2020-01-21 10:08:51  

Update: The Villages Airgun Showcase

I just wanted to update everyone about a minor change to The Villages Airgun Showcase to be held March 28th & 29th.  Due to an unforeseen delay in the construction of our newest range we have moved the event to the Rohan Center (exhibition hall) and one of our existing 10 meter ranges, the Soaring Eagle Air Gun range.  The new locations are still within The Villages.  There are no changes to the dates and times for the Showcase.

Rohan Center, 850 Kristine Way, The Villages, FL

Soaring Eagle Air Gun Range, 4396 Morse Boulevard, The Villages, FL

The range is just a short 5 minute walk from the exhibition hall.

We look forward to seeing you on March 28th and March 29th in sunny Florida.                   

For additional information please contact:

Vince Monteforte

(352) 446-1129

pardoctor0610@gmail.com                       

ReplyQuote
pardoctor0610
2020-01-21 11:51:38  

In response to questions regarding the change of venue for the air gun shooting part of The Villages Airgun Showcase, attached is a photo of the Soaring Eagle Air Gun range which is just a short 5 minute walk from the exhibition hall:

http://www.airgunclub.org/one-buck-gang-at-new-range.html

Come back to this posting for up-to-date information re: vendors and guest shooters.

ReplyQuote
NorthenLight
( @northenlight )
2020-01-21 15:43:21  

@pardoctor0610gmail-com

Interested to come down to the Villages for the Showcase, are there any hotels in the area?

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
( @gratewhitehuntr )
2020-01-21 17:36:53  
Posted by: @northenlight

are there any hotels in the area?

Florida is a mega-tourism state.

I strongly recommend the springs as a secondary attraction, winter is also the best time to visit the Rat, and bass might still be on beds or speck in the canals.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/The+Villages,+FL+hotels/@28.8733477,-82.1005346,10z/data=!3m1!4b1

Screenshot 2020 01 21 Google Maps

ReplyQuote
NorthenLight
( @northenlight )
2020-01-21 18:25:35  

My question was "Any Hotels" within the Villages, and will the Showcase organizers block rooms.  If not will there be special negotiated rates for Vendors/Visitors to the Showcase ?

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
( @gratewhitehuntr )
2020-01-21 18:59:54  
Posted by: northenlight

Interested to come down to the Villages for the Showcase, are there any hotels in the area?

We can read, your question was not "within", or whatever you'd like to add into your 3rd post.

The map shows one hotel inside the Villages,The Waterfront Inn

With that... I'll see my way out...I always encourage folks to come to FL, but no point trying to help rude people...we have enough here already. It's a "Stand Your Ground" State and you'd do well to watch that 'tude down South bruh... lotsa people don't take kindly.

EDIT Apologies to Doc for poopin in your thread, I was trying to be helpful. Frankly, I'm excited to have airgun anything round here and the club pics show a bunch of old folks (always) having a good time in The Villages. Wish I could read the club rules without a login, despite my perceived demeanor, I like reading the rules (like, #1 No young bucks allowed!) It is The Villages, that could be a rule 😉

ReplyQuote
pardoctor0610
2020-01-21 21:21:56  

NorthenLight & Gratewhitehunter (Gwh):

Gwh:  Thanks for posting info. re: the Springs and the Google Map.

NorthenLight: A Showcase packet re: the event, vendor info and accommodations, etc., is available.  If you email me  at pardoctor0610@gmail.com I will get a packet to you.  Thanks for your interest,

Vince Monteforte

ReplyQuote
NorthenLight
( @northenlight )
2020-01-22 08:00:31  

@pardoctor0610gmail-com

Vince

Thanks for the Showcase packet.  I will get back to you.

ReplyQuote
pardoctor0610
2020-01-22 13:44:10  

OK,  any questions, just give me a shout.  If you plan to be one of our vendors, take note of the vendor BBQ on Saturday evening!

Pardoctor

ReplyQuote
scratchit
( @scratchit )
2020-02-04 15:16:45  

Greets ‘doc’,

how’s this shaping up?

I occasionally winter in Fl., returning a bit north with the rest of the snowbirds, halfbacks, and floridiots, as they flee the impending heat. Often attending the Olustee re-enactment prior to making my annual physical on April 1.

ReplyQuote
pilkguns
( @pilkguns )
Member of Trade
2020-02-05 22:53:39  

Pilkguns with will be there with new Steyr airguns and whatever used stuff we have on hand. 

ReplyQuote
pardoctor0610
2020-02-06 06:27:41  

Hey Scratchit,

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner as #1 son was in town for a quick hello and some of Mom's homemade.  Things are cooking here with the Showcase.  Glad to have Scott on board. We had a little wrinkle re: a construction delay with the reno of our older 10 meter range, but we just moved the shooting part to one of our newest ranges (see previous post).  We would love to meet you if you're in the area.

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
( @gratewhitehuntr )
2020-02-06 07:26:38  

All this talk of ranges makes me wonder, might there be shooting?

ReplyQuote
pardoctor0610
2020-02-07 21:29:19  

@gratewhitehuntr

Yesireee, there will be air gun shooting!  Our commercial vendors have the option of using state-of-the-art, air conditioned exhibit space and a professional 10 meter range to demonstrate the latest air gun equipment and accessories.  Also, we are in touch with some nationally known Olympic shooters who will demonstrate their prowess with an air rifle.

ReplyQuote
Gratewhitehuntr
( @gratewhitehuntr )
2020-02-08 10:18:08  

By 'Demonstrate" do you mean that attendees other than vendors will be allowed to sample the wares?

Obviously I'm not asking you to speak for vendors, just to clarify if the policy would allow attendees to test fire some device a vendor had volunteered.

Some description of prizes available, via either raffle or competition, or whatever other means, would be welcome.

ReplyQuote
pardoctor0610
2020-02-09 18:56:43  

@gratewhitehuntr

We have asked our commercial vendors, especially those who have rented space at the Soaring Eagle range, to allow attendees "to sample the wares."

A list of items contributed as door prizes or lottery prizes will be compiled and posted at this site in the future.

ReplyQuote
jpbpe
( @jpbpe )
2020-02-12 18:30:42  

@pardoctor0610gmail-com

Vince, this looks like a great event. Will you post a list of vendors as show day draws near? Thanks

ReplyQuote