Notifications

2020 Air Gun Event Schedule for Diablo Rod and Gun in Concord, CA  

RSS

Pistoleer
( @pistoleer )
2020-01-01 23:54:21  

For those who celebrated a little too much last night, a shooting event without loud noises should be attractive! The silent shooters have a full schedule for 2020:

We welcome air guns up to & including .25 cal during any open practice (practice starts at 11:00 am) , but not for competition.

During Silhouette and Field Target matches, Rifles are limited to 20 fpe or less and Pistols are 12 fpe or less. This coming event Sunday is a Silhouette match.

The match distance for Silhouette Pistol is reduced, so don’t let the lower power limit scare you.

Calibers permitted are .177, .20 and .22 only. No .25 caliber during the match

Air gun pellets only. No BBs, darts, slugs, plastic tipped or metal coated pellets.

All spectators and shooters are required to wear safety glasses. Hearing protection is optional and recommended. 

Cost is $10.00 for Diablo members and $15.00 for Guests. Shooters under the age of 18 accompanied by an adult shoot free.

At the Silhouette match, we run two Relay’s so you can shoot rifle in one relay and pistol or another rifle or pistol class in another. You can shoot two relays per event, and shoot the same gun for both if you would like. We compete off hand and have a bench rested version as well.

Silhouette targets are custom built, one-of-a-kind string re-settable silhouettes so the matches tend to go quickly.

Air Gun Events for 2020 at United Sportsman’s Range, presented by Diablo Rod and Gun Club:

Air gun Silhouette- First Sunday of the month, 12:30 setup – 1:00 pm Match starts Currently held at the Action Pistol Range.

Field Target -        Third Sunday of the month, 8:30 am setup, 9:00 am for the match. Currently held at the Action Pistol Range.

Air gun Wednesdays- Meet at the MPR for Air gun only shooting, 9-12:00 pm

10 Meter Competition, 2nd and 4th Friday night, January through May- 6:15 pm setup, 6:45 match starts. This event is held at the USI clubhouse, indoors.

Demo/Club guns available. All ages welcome, but basic gun handling skills are required.

You will find that our members are very welcoming and will assist new competitors in learning the sport.

These reoccurring events occur every month- we will host matches barring weather or extraordinary barriers preventing the event from occurring in a safe environment.

Heavy fog, severe weather or other acts of nature could force a postponement. We shoot in rain and wind, as long as the event can be conducted safely.

Droidiphile
( @droidiphile )
2020-01-02 13:18:15  
Posted by: @pistoleer

For those who celebrated a little too much last night, a shooting event without loud noises should be attractive! The silent shooters have a full schedule for 2020:

We welcome air guns up to & including .25 cal during any open practice (practice starts at 11:00 am) , but not for competition.

During Silhouette and Field Target matches, Rifles are limited to 20 fpe or less and Pistols are 12 fpe or less. This coming event Sunday is a Silhouette match.

The match distance for Silhouette Pistol is reduced, so don’t let the lower power limit scare you.

Calibers permitted are .177, .20 and .22 only. No .25 caliber during the match

Air gun pellets only. No BBs, darts, slugs, plastic tipped or metal coated pellets.

All spectators and shooters are required to wear safety glasses. Hearing protection is optional and recommended. 

*   *   *   S     N     I     P   *   *   *

Air gun Wednesdays- Meet at the MPR for Air gun only shooting, 9-12:00 pm

10 Meter Competition, 2nd and 4th Friday night, January through May- 6:15 pm setup, 6:45 match starts. This event is held at the USI clubhouse, indoors.

*   *   *   S     N     I     P   *   *   *

I have a few questions and concerns that I did not see addressed above, that or I am outright blind:

1) Airgun practice?  Are practice dates/times also on a recurring schedule?  If so, when?  Or, how does that work?  I'd just like to come and practice a lot before (or if) I ever enter a competition.  Also, I am still a working stiff so I will never be able to make the Wednesdays from 0900-1200 unless I play hookie.  Hopefully there are dates/times that won't interfere with with my work schedule.  Lastly, I have tried practicing at the Richmond Rod&Gun Club.  They are really nice folks, but it was a terrible experience.  I couldn't get a clean shot off because I kept getting smacked in the face by the firearm brissance. Airguns are not a good fit at that club.

2) Are LDCs allowed on your range?  The folks at Richmond Rod&Gun Club allow pellet guns but the RSO freaked about the LDC on my Diana Chaser.  I have LDCs on all my guns that are louder than approximately 90dB.  So I feel the need to ask.

Thank you for this posting!  I really want to connect with your club during 2020!  I have been getting "training" from the pistol instructors at Vacaville State Prison, but they really do not understand the differences between airguns versus powder burners.  It would be fantastic to grow my shooting skills in the friendly environment that you describe!

ReplyQuote
Pistoleer
( @pistoleer )
2020-01-02 13:55:48  

Practice refers to a period of time for open shooting prior to our monthly silhouette matches.
Of course, with FT starting at 9 am, there isn't a true practice period-
there is a 15 minutes warmup, but usually that time is devoted to getting your dope confirmed.
I try to open the Action pistol range the first Sunday of the month at 11 am for general air gun
only shooting at 11 am, with the range closing temporarily at 12:30 for
silhouette setup and of course, the range is limited to that silhouette match shooting only there on.
Our multipurpose range hours are posted at United Sportsman's website- their events are run by their RSO's on their schedule. It is a .22 rimfire and air gun only range, with 200 yards of space.
They do allow ldc's, but limit Airguns to .25 caliber.
United Sportsmans is owned by 5 clubs, one of which diablo Rod & gun, is the club hosting the events I posted.
The USI shooting events are under the Range management, separate from us. We get along, but USI has to have
the interests of all 5 clubs taken into account.
We are hoping to have the MPR range given back to the clubs for running events when our public
powder burning range reopens in February.
Here is the USI link for the MPR hours- https://unitedsportsmen.com/multi-purpose-range/

ReplyQuote
Vscoala22
( @vscoala22 )
2020-01-18 02:05:02  

I'm from the Sacramento area and I would like to participate I'm 57 and I would like to bring my 11 year old niece, I've never done this before how do I get started?

ReplyQuote